| Product Details – Everything you need to know about our products |
Blueberry Bush (vaccinium)
Soil - Almost all fruits do best in slightly acidic soil, somewhere between a pH of 5.5 and 6.5. Blueberries prefer a soil of even greater acidity of between 4.09 and 5.0.
Drainage - Adequate drainage is important. Find a suitable site, avoiding low lying areas the collect water or are slow to drain in the spring.
Pollination - Most fruit trees, including blueberries have both male and female organs on the same flower, but not all are self pollinating. The best bet for blueberries is to have different varieties of blueberries within 100 feet, so bees can travel and cross pollinate. Blueberries cannot be fertilized by their own pollen!
- 'Duke' - Bright Blue berries that are easy to pick, stay firm and fresh for days after picking!
- 'Patriot' - This cold hardy variety produces and early crop of big, sweet berries. Its smaller growth habit also makes it a great container variety and perfect for smaller spaces.
- 'Blueray' - Very large, very sweet, light blue berries with dessert quality flavor. Perfect for pies, jams or on ice cream sundaes.
- 'Chandler' - This variety produces the largest blueberries in the world, and they are bursting with juicy, excellent flavor. The season of this high-yielder can last up to 6 weeks.
- 'Elliott' - Great variety for home growers. Deliciously sweet berries that are firm and perfect for eating fresh.
- 'Legacy' - Berries are a perfect balance of sweet and tart. The foliage is a beautiful purple making a great addition to any garden.
You can find this item under Shrubs and Vegetables and Fruit.
Subject to availability. Prices may vary.